If you’re looking for a wallet that is larger than usual, that comes with many pockets and holds your credit cards and money securely, try the Maxpedition Spartan Wallet.
The wallet comes with the main features of all Maxpedition gear: sturdy, heavy duty, ready to repel the elements and long lasting.
Even though this is only a wallet and it’s not supposed to face any challenging conditions, the wallet is still rugged and keeps your items securely and snug, even if you drop it on the floor.
Here are the pros that got us:
- The wallet is made of nylon
- The wallet is triple coated with polyurethane for water resistance
- The wallet is repellent to the elements thanks to the DuPont Teflon final coat of fabric
- There is only heavy duty, long lasting YKK zippers
- The zippers run smoothly
- Any strap is made of military grade nylon
- All the materials are high quality
- The stress points are reinforced for longer lifespan
- The 1000Denier Nylon used on this means you get a rugged, heavy duty wallet
- There are no unnecessary seams or polyester parts on the wallet
- The wallet is pretty stiff and keeps your items secure so even if you drop it the items are safe and sound
- The wallet contains 6 card slots
- There are Velcro straps on the inside to keep tightly your items
- There is plenty of storage for all your items
- The price is good for the high quality you get
- The wallet is waterproof
- The wallet shuts with Velcro strips
- Nothing falls out of this wallet
- There are many pockets to use
- The wallet features hidden pockets also
- There is an outside mesh pocket
On the other hand, there are also some features that we like less about this wallet. Here are the cons:
- The wallet is kind of noisy
- The Velcro feels like the 60’s
- The wallet is a bit too long
- This is not US made, which is a disappointment
- This goes better as a traveling wallet and not that much as an EDC wallet (unless you like walking around with a large wallet in your back pocket)
- The wallet looks a tad bulky
- It could use more room for the bills so that you could place them straight
- There is too much Velcro on the wallet which gives also the noise
- The pocket for the paper money is exactly the length of US paper money so you need to pay extra attention when storing them.
As you can see, there are many great things related to this wallet and also some features that could use improvement. This is still a great, efficient, large wallet that, more than anything else, keeps your items tightly and securely in any conditions.
See its pricing and the many reviews on Amazon.